It seems like every school year, when the weatherman even threatens snow, your kids are home for an unexpected day or two. While this might initially seem like a nightmare, if you have some pre-planned ideas and activities in place, your snow day or days will go by a lot better. Sometimes, depending on how bad the weather is, school can be out for an entire week, so a little bit of planning is a true life saver.
- Sleep In: This might seem obvious, but really allow yourself and your kids to get some extra sleep.
- Have a Movie Marathon: Watch all the Back to the Future Movies or binge watch The Office!
- Make Homemade Pizza: You can click on the recipe here. Why not go absolutely crazy with the toppings? See who can pack on the most pepperoni and mozzarella!
- Reorganize: Maybe that playroom or front closet really needs some cleaning up. Now is the perfect time to have your kids help.
- Go Sledding: If there isn’t an insane amount of snow, take advantage of the day and go sledding on a nearby hill. When your kids come in, all cold and tired, make them a nice cup of hot chocolate!
- Homework: Maybe your kids are always on top of their assignments, but if they aren’t, now is the perfect time to encourage them to get caught up. Not that they should have to work the whole time, but they should learn to take advantage of extra time.
- Craft: Teach your kids how to knit and sew, or have a painting day, whatever you decide to do, it’s a great time to get creative!
Whatever you decide to do, have fun! Family time can be hard to come by! And if they make too big of a blanket fort, remember, My Laundry Delivered is here to take care of any messes.