Have you noticed the leaves finally starting to fall? As the seasons begin to change, so should your bedding. With seasonal changes come fluctuations in health ranging from the common cold to the full out flu. One way to help protect yourself and your family from these nasty bugs is to bundle up. Sleep is one of the most important activities for the human body. Making sure your body is warm and comfortable during those 6-8 hours is extremely beneficial. Below, we go through the typical items on your bed, and what you should modify for the fall.
- Sheets: While cotton sheets are perfect for the summer, you might want to switch these out for some flannel sheets. Flannel sheets are soft and are soothing against typically dry winter skin.
- Comforters: You can select varying levels of warmth, but spending extra money on a comforter might save you lots in heating bills.
- Clean/Replace your Pillows: Pillows are often neglected, and while you probably frequently clean the pillow cases, you might forget about the pillow itself. Over time, these collect dust and human byproduct, making them a rather nasty place to rest your head. If you’re trying to stay healthy, start with your pillow.
- Extra Blankets: You never know when a cold snap might hit, so having an extra blanket or quilt on the end of your bed can be vital.
- Rugs: If you have hardwood, tile, or non-carpeted flooring in your bedroom, you might appreciate a plush rug that you can use before you put your slippers on.
We hope that this autumn season finds you and yours warm, happy and healthy. As you transition from summer to fall, we know you’ll probably have a lot of laundry. Let My Laundry Delivered take your summer sheets to us and we’ll wash them and get them ready for the spring! Also, throughout this season, bring us all your bedding. We’re here to keep you happy, healthy, and warm.